Vedanta Retreat in Rishikesh: About us mostly in pictures!

As she read my blogs on Rishikesh, Tara the teacher, would say 'Very Nice' and then ask when are you going to write about what you learnt? In the meanwhile Prakash wanted me to introduce the participants mentioned or seen in my blogs! In fact, we could have been there incognito or had taken different avatars, but in reality we were all there as seekers!

Prakash is right in a way and here are few pictures, many borrowed, which will help me in introducing them all to you! It will also give me some more time before I try to tell Tara and you about 'what I learnt'!

Morakot is a freelance journalist to 'The Nation', an English language newspaper in Bangkok. She is also an editor of movies, runs a bed and breakfast place in Chiangmai and owns an organic farm. She and Varsha used to attend 'Balvihar classes' years ago to learn chanting of Sanskrit slokas from Tara.

(I like this picture. The colors of her dress are the colors preferred by monks!)



Morakot was not a full participant as she did not attend the classes but came along with Toom to experience the atmosphere and try out some fancy Ayurveda massage!
Morakot in conversation with Dineshjee, a close family friend of Neema's, a Philanthropist and also a veteran with the ways of the Ashram!



Ashutosh, Neema's uncle, an Industrialist, also a good sportsman and a sport! Recently a proud grand parent!

Vanessa just made it to the retreat after a long flight to Delhi. I could not resist the temptation of adding this picture of her making up some lost sleep on the train!
I liked the way she spoke English and her reactions to the teachings on the last day of our retreat.

I met Arun a little over an year ago, but it is as if we have known him and his wife Geeta for a long time! He is a graduate (FTII, Pune) in Film making and is an independent producer of documentary films. His latest is a series of shorts posted on YouTube, featuring Neema!




Geeta is with the UN and I know she works very hard! A very sincere student!

David and Sharon are a surprise package. They heard about the retreat and took a chance. They are from the USA and Sharon is from Israel originally. They have taken a break from working to learn about India and experience it as well! They have a very positive approach and have learnt to cope!


Yours truly! While I took pictures, many posted are from the albums of Arun, Surya, David and Toom!


Toom our Yoga teacher!


Our very beloved young Gurus, Neema and Surya!
My favorite dish Upama but I did not take this picture!

Eating in a clean atmosphere was a special treat. None of us had an upset stomach! The food was very tasty, safe and vegetarian.




Our contribution in keeping the place clean and healthy.

Mr. Subramanyam and his admirers. He managed the kitchen with authority and elan!

We took a walk one evening, it became dark and the canal appeared magical.


Our destination was this special place, where we had to wait! But the wait was worth the while as the food was amazingly tasty. Especially the jalebis, we just hogged them.



It was also a treat by Neema and Surya for the participants and the administrators of the ashram.

We just did not only eat! We also heard bhajans after our dinner!
Below are a few pictures I chose to keep as a record. These are just a few of the many excellent pictures the group had taken during their stay at Rishikesh.



Surya claimed that they were one of the best tailors for Indian dresses and we agreed after seeing the results later on.














Comments

Ram Prasad said…
Pictures are simply great Nidhi.
The last picture: are they GREEN parrots? They look unreal.
Take care and happy blogging
Ram
Rama said…
Sign us up for the next retreat!

Rama Gopinath
Marisa Narula said…
Nidhi, even though I was not a part of the retreat, I feel like I was there. And as I said in my last comment, which came up anonymously - and which you are not publishing because you are such a humble person, that you indeed are very special and see the "goodness" in all around, which is actually a reflection of yourself. We can only see that which we are. I recommend you start writing a book. I will be the first to buy it. You are a great story teller and it could be entitled "Friends from my travels" You write about people so well. But tell us about YOU - the humble and lovely soul as well. Beautiful pictures and everyone looks so relaxed. Marisa
VATSALA said…
Was there some Vedanta too?
Raghu

Popular Posts